Tiles make any space beautiful. They come in a variety of styles and materials. Each has its own benefits and suits different parts of the house. Tiles are used in the kitchen, bathroom, and even the living room.
Carpet cleaning in East Fremantle advices on keeping tiles clean and shiny for a beautiful-looking house. Keeping the grout in between tiles is equally important to keep your floor looking spick and span.
Types of Tiles and Grout
According to service providing carpet cleaning in Hamilton Hill, there are different types of tiles and grouts used for the floor. Here are the types of floor tiles available:
- Ceramic tiles
- Porcelain tiles
- Marble tiles
- Glass tiles
- Granite tiles
- Other natural stone tiles
Below are the different types of grouts used in between tiles, according to services providing carpet cleaning in Kardinya.
- Sanded grout – Suitable for heavily-trafficked floors.
- Un-sanded grout – Suitable for polished stoned and vertical surfaces including shower walls.
- Epoxy grout – Suitable to use in harsh environments like on kitchen backsplashes and shower surrounds.
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Services providing carpet cleaning in Fremantle South advices to follow the below steps when cleaning tiles and grout.
Tile Floor Cleaning
- Sweep the floor with a broom to remove dirt.
- Vacuum with a brush attachment to remove dust and other particles.
- Mop the floor using a suitable cleaning solution.
- Leave the floor to dry.
- Wear gloves before handling grout.
- Apply a commercial grout and tile cleaner to grout and follow the instructions given in the product.
- You can also use a brush to apply grout cleaner.
- Use a cleaning rag, microfiber cloth or sponge to rinse and wipe the area after cleaning. This is done to ensure no residue is left from the grout cleaner.
- Leave the cleaned area to dry.
Services providing carpet cleaning in Fremantle recommends cleaning tiles at least once a week.